Reasons to fast for your health
For thousands of years fasting has been used to help the body heal. Even though todays modern medicine treats medical problems and conditions from the outside, many people believe fasting heals medical conditions from the inside out.
Fasting gives the body a rest and the chance for healthier new cells to be build. This is a good step to help heal your body.
Just make sure you check with your health care professionals before starting any fasting plan.
Six top reasons to fast
- To prepare for a diet. If you have been eating out of control, it helps to fast to help stop the cravings and get you prepared to change your eating habits.
- After a period of non-stop eating like the holidays or a vacation, fasting helps to get you back in control of your food consumption.
- For a jump-start to a diet. If you have a lot of weight to lose, fasting can give you the motivation to get started by a quick loss of weight.
- Break the cycle If you have bad eating habits, fasting can help dimension those habits and help you acquire better habits and get you on the road to a healthier you.
- Improve mental clarity If you have trouble concentrating, fasting will help improve your ability to stick to the task at hand.
- Gives you more energy For whatever reason, when you overeat, you tend to get very lethargic and without any energy. Fasting will alleviate that feeling and put more pep in your step.
So whatever your reasons, fasting can be very helpful. Don’t be surprised how much better you will feel, even after a very short fast.
Fasting can be a great tool to jump-start your weight loss program. Natural food will taste better and processed foods will not appeal to you because of the chemicals which you will taste more since you have fasted.
Benefits of fasting
Fasting can help cleanse your system. If you have been eating foods that are not good for you, loaded with chemicals and preservatives, eating until you are stuffed, your system will welcome a fast to help flush out all the excess food from your system and give your digestive system a much needed rest.
Change bad eating habits
Fasting can help change bad eating habits. If you fast your body will be more sensitive to toxins, which can be flushed from your system by fasting.
It will bring your body to a balance point which is hard to do due to our hectic lifestyle. When you stop eating the body is given a rest from digesting food constantly.
This gives the body a chance to heal and regenerate. Plus fasting helps the body burn stored calories and helps get rid of toxins.
After a short time fasting, food will not be quite as appealing to you. It will give you a fresh start to decide what goes into your body.
Also, you probably will learn what types of foods don’t agree with you and diminish your cravings for unhealthy foods. It’s amazing how we don’t associate not feeling good to what junk we put into our bodies.
Change your health
Although I’m not a doctor, fasting has been known to help with many chronic illnesses which include asthma, allergies, arthritis, mood swings, headaches, high cholesterol, low blood sugar, diabetes, heart problems and some cancers. A good reason to consider fasting. Staying away from processed food is a good first step. The less you eat processed food the better your body will feel.
There are many reasons to try fasting. If you can’t seem to do the diet route (salads, protein drinks or shakes) fasting might be the perfect answer for you. If there’s anything perfect in the weight loss world.
You will be surprised how your desire for the wrong food will diminish with just a few days of fasting. Give it a try, what do you have to lose except some weight. But remember to please check with your medical doctor to be on the safe side.
Hope you found this article helpful. If you have any comments or questions please leave them below and I will get back to you as soon as possible, Thanks, Deanna